The core web vitals report within Google Search Console has recently been updated. This update is intended to help website and content owners assess the health of their websites and ensure they are meeting Google’s best practice standards. This post will discuss the changes to the report and the benefits they bring.
What Have Changed?
• The Core Web Vitals report within Google Search Console now includes updated information on the following metrics: First Input Delay (FID), Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), and Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS).
• Data for all pages are now accessible in the report, rather than just the top pages as before.
• A new “Field Data” report has been added, which shows the performance of the page under real-world conditions.
• There is a new filtering option which allows page owners to view their report for specific devices, countries, and search engines.
• A new URL-level performance monitoring feature has been added, which allows site owners to see how specific pages are performing.
Benefits of the Updates
• The new Core Web Vitals report gives website owners a comprehensive view of their website’s performance, enabling them to identify areas where they can make improvements.
• It allows website owners to assess the performance of their website in real-world conditions, which is valuable for understanding how users will experience the website.
• The URL-level performance monitoring feature allows website owners to easily track the performance of specific pages, which can help them make targeted changes to improve user experience.
• The filter option allows website owners to view the report for specific devices, countries, and search engines, which can be invaluable for tailoring website performance to different audiences.
Overall, the updates to the Core Web Vitals report in Google Search Console are a welcome addition that will enable website owners to assess their website’s performance and make targeted changes to improve user experience. It is important for website owners to understand how their website is performing in order to stay competitive in the ever-changing digital landscape. The new report will help them do just that.